The Racine Public Library offers a variety of special services and adaptive technologies to assist those with diverse needs.
Services for those with mobility concerns
- Parking – Handicap accessible parking is located in our service parking lot located to the northeast of our entrance
- Building Entrance – The entrance to the library features no steps and automatic doors
- Wheelchair Accessible Catalog and Computer – The Library has a computer that a wheelchair user can use. This computer also has magnification software and a keyboard with larger letters for use by someone who may be visually impaired.
- Retrieval of Library Items – books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, and so. Just ask!
- Specialized materials
- Interlibrary Loan – Materials can be requested from libraries outside of the Lakeshores Library System. Contact the library for further information.
- Photocopying Assistance – Please inquire at the Adult Services Desk
- Magnifier – The Library has a magnifier to enlarge text in the library. We also have portable magnifiers available at the Adult Service Desk.
- Sign Language Interpreters – A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice for any library program or service. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.