Library Hours & LocationsLocated at 75 7th Street and stops throughout the community. Get Directions
Parking closest to the library (along Lake Avenue and in the lake-side parking lots) is metered, so please bring coins or download Racine’s parking app to your smartphone in preparation for your visit. You can pay in your preferred increment along Lake Avenue and at the lot closest to the library. The second nearest parking lot to the library costs $2 a day, cash or card.
Please stop into the library’s business office if you will need a visitor parking pass for your stay. If you’re up for a walk, parking along Lake Avenue is free once you get to the intersection of Lake and 9th. And keep an eye out for free parking days during events like our VITA tax prep sessions.
Route 2 stops at State Street and Main Street on weekdays, a handful of blocks up the road from the library.
- Monday through Friday, the earliest stop here is 5:44 a.m., and the latest stop is 6:14 p.m.
Route 3 stops downtown by the intersection of Sixth Street and Lake Avenue every day of the week, a few blocks up the road from the library.
- Monday through Friday, the earliest stop here is 5:30 a.m., and the latest stop is 10:14 p.m.
- On Saturday, the earliest stop here is 6 a.m., and the latest stop is 6:14 p.m.
- On Sunday*, the earliest stop here is 10:10 a.m., and the latest stop is 6:14 p.m.
Route 7 stops along Monument Square every day of the week, just up the road from the library.
- Monday through Friday, the earliest stop here is 5:45 a.m., and the latest stop is 9:13 p.m.
- On Saturday, the earliest stop here is 5:50 a.m., and the latest stop is 6:13 p.m.
- On Sunday*, the earliest stop here is 10:13 a.m., and the latest stop is 6:13 p.m.
Need help covering bus fare? Our social worker carries free bus passes.
* While we’re closed on Sundays, our outdoor book drops are always available.
Library GO! — Bookmobile Stops
The Bookmobile stops at the locations below from June 6, 2022 through Sept. 3, 2022, until the school year starts again.
- On Friday, Aug. 26, the Bookmobile will leave its Highway 31 and Spring Street stop at 2:30. Starting at 3 p.m., it will be at the Franksville Beer Garden at 9614 Northwestern Avenue, Franksville, WI 53126.
The Bookmobile stops at the locations below through June 5, 2022. This route will be active again at the start of the school year on Sept. 4, 2022.
Library GO! – Pop-Up Libraries
List of current locations coming soon!
Library GO! – Home Delivery
Having trouble getting to the library? Call today, and sign up to have items delivered right to your door!
Monday – Thursday:
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday – Saturday:
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Racine Public Library will be closed on the following days.
Remaining 2022 Library Closings
- Labor Day
Monday, Sept. 5, 2022
Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022
Friday, Dec. 23 through Monday, Dec. 26, 2022
- New Year’s
Friday, Dec. 30, 2021 through Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023
Annual Library Closings
- New Year’s
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Spring Break Holiday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day